Stencil Techniques

 On to the third class of the AlteNew Education Certification Program: Stencil Techniques!

In Lesson 1, we were challenged to make a stencil from a die cut in our stash.  I took my AlteNew mini delight feather stamp and die cut set and decided to give it a whirl!  I die cut feathers randomly in a standard A2 size panel (4.25” x 5.5”) and then used that as my stencil on another panel.  I used Poppy color Ranger Ink throughout for a monochrome look. Then I stamped the feather outline over the stenciled shapes, and I was really pleased with the whimsical look of having colored outside the lines!  I added the solid tip to each stenciled feather and also stamped some additional feather outlines around the edges of my panel.  Popped on the sentiment from the set and matted on matching designer paper before attaching it to the card base.  I love the look of this card






Next, I stenciled a background using AlteNew’s Playful Patterns (stencils 2, 3 and 4, using the dotty stencil twice with different colors).  I used a circle die to make a window for the cake from the Celebrations Stamp set which I colored using my alcohol markers.  Popped the panel on the card base, to which I had glued the cake, and finished with the sentiment from the celebrations set.  I inked the edges of the sentiment and circle for a little extra pop.  Very happy with the result here too!



Comments

  1. I think it is wonderful that you created your own stencil for the first card! Looks great! And I also like that colour. The second one turned out great too. The playful patterns is a great stencil to have, so many things you can do with it! I do like the choice of colours.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 1 Challenge

For the Guys

Irresistible Inking Techniques