For the Guys







 Why is it always such a challenge to make masculine cards—-for any occasion?

Here’s my submission “For the Guys,” done after watching the videos in the AlteNew Academy on this topic.  I have to agree with the instructor that geometric shapes, angles and edges feel more masculine than flowers and swirls, so I used the AlteNew Duodec cover die to create a black on white background.  Man there are a lot of little pieces to weed out of that die cut!

Another challenge was gluing the intricate cutting it to my card base but fortunately I have a super fine tip on my Bearly Art Glue which dries clear.  I then stamped, colored and die cut three presents from AlteNew’s Celebrations set taking care to use strong primary colors (no pinks or corals for the guys!). The sentiment is from a stamp in my stash.  It has a clean, straightforward font and I matted it on a black background to make it pop.

I adhered the sentiment and presents using foam tape for some added dimension and now I’ve got a card for a guy!!


I made another card “For the Guys.”  Here I used the fine frames rectangle die, heat embossing it in antique gold.  I adhered it to a black 4” x 51/4” panel.  I stamped and stacked two sentiments and adhered them to the frame.  The black panel then went onto a standard A2 card base for a clean and simple congratulations card.


Comments

  1. Fabulous submissions! That black one looks so elegant. Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold frames on the black card are just lovely, very masculine and clean! Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 1 Challenge

Irresistible Inking Techniques