Set the Scene: final Level 1 submission

 So excited to have Reached this point!  My final submissions for Level 1 of the AlteNew Educator Certification Program.

I loved the idea of creating a scene behind a window.  Only one problem: I don’t have a window die!  I decided to make my own by cutting a 2.5 x 3.5 inch rectangle out of some black cardstock and then adding a quarter inch border all around which created a frame.  To create panes, I just used eighth inch strips across as shown.

For the scene, I used AlteNew’s celebration stamps and dies - the tiered plate of macarons along with presents, a candle and a rose.  I hoped to create the illusions of looking into a festive party scene.  I used the sentiment “Congratulations” from the same set.



I really had fun with the next scene because the stamps were “freebies” I had received from AlteNew.  The floral teacup stamp did not come with a coordinating die, so I fussy cut it out to make it a floor plant next to the armchair.  Using alcohol ink markers I colored in the elements and framed them in a turquoise window frame created from AlteNew’s rectangle nesting die.  The sentiment “Just Chill” completes this cosy scene.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 1 Challenge

For the Guys

Irresistible Inking Techniques