AECP Level 2



Having passed the Level 1 Challenge, I proudly moved on to Level 2 of the AlteNew Educator Certification Program.

The first class, Beautiful Details, focused on innovative ways to combine inks, colored pencils and markers to bring unique variations to stamped images.  Stamped images can look very smooth and standard when used as intended.  By adding sketched lines and shadows, and/or using alcohol markers rather than stamp pads to add color to the stamps, an artist can add his or her own personality and interpretation to the images.  Although these techniques are time consuming, the result is very individual and unique.




For this card, I used the middle layer of one of the flowers in AlteNew’s Lush Garden set.  I never would have thought to use alcohol markers to apply color before stamping, but that was what we were taught.  I just love the flow-y painterly result!!  I used Illustrator Alcohol Ink brush tip markers in Canary, cyan and sea breeze.  I then used AlteNew’s Woodless colored pencils to add lines and shadows, to define the petals and leaves while still maintaining the sketchy look.  So different from the usual stamped images!  I was very pleased

Before assembling the cards, I decided to add some spatter, to add interest and continue the dreamy mood of the cards.  I smooshed a turquoise ink pad onto my glass mat, spritzed with water to loosen the ink, and tapped the color all around using a watercolor brush.

Lastly, I stamped my sentiment in black on a white cardstock square, rounded the corners and inked the edges of that panel and the larger card panel and adhered them to an A2 sized card base.



For this card, I stamped the second layer of the leaves with AlteNew’s mixed media ink in Florest Glade.  I added veining and detail with Woodless colored pencils.  For the flower, I stamped the outline in black ink and then heat embossed it in antique silver.  

I ink blended (very lightly) the background in pink and splattered the same ink (diluted with water) all over.  I glued the leaves down but used foam tape to pop up the flower and sentiment panel.

I have to say I really enjoyed letting myself go on these projects!  Something about the sketchy, painterly feel and the combination of different color media really appealed to my inner artist!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous cards Mindy. My fav is the first one :) Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 1 Challenge

For the Guys

Irresistible Inking Techniques