AECP Clean and Simple

 I’m really loving my courses in the AlteNew Educator Certification Progam (AECP), to the point that I can’t wait to try each new technique.

In Class 4, the focus is on clean and simple styling, patterns, metallic accents





and faux letter press.  I started with a pattern using a bouquet from the Celebrations Stamp set.

I stamped the outline of the bouquet horizontally several times using black Versafine Ink, which, being waterproof, won’t react or run with watercolors.  I used a simple palette of pink and baby blue for the flowers with two tones of green for leaves.  The sentiment was stamped in black on a panel with edges also inked in black.  Center placement with foam tape for dimension looked best, I thought. Finally, three gold pearls add a bit of bling.

For clean and simple styling, I used the middle and small sized butterflies from Painted Butterfly set.  I learned in the class to start at the midpoint and that’s where the first blue butterfly went.  I thought it would be fun to have the butterflies in a diagonal formation and used only the outline and one fill in stamp on each for a loose painterly look.  In this way, I kept the card to only two elements.  I stamped sentiments from the set directly on the card and matted on a pale green, as if the butterflies were in a meadow.




For a clean and simple card with a metallic element, I used the Bloom and Grow Stamp set, a collaboration between AlteNew and Hero Arts.  For drama, I heat embossed the large bloom twice in silver on black card stock, and also heat embossed the sentiment directly on the card face.  The metallic accent really packs a punch on this card, don’t you think?





Comments

  1. Looks like you really enjoyed this class, mindy! Your projects turned out great. I especially like the colourful butterfly card! Thank you for your submission.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 1 Challenge

For the Guys

Irresistible Inking Techniques