Card 5 AECP Level 1

 Here is my inlaid die cut card, a technique taught in the Level 1 Easy Die Cutting techniques class.  I was excited to learn this technique because although die cutting is one of the first things I learned about card making and scrapbooking, I had never known about it or tried to inlay die cut elements into a piece.

  I used the Whimsical Flowers Stamp and die set, with a mix of stamp colors, including abandoned coral and picked raspberry distress inks from Ranger for the flowers new sprout and pear tart from Memento for leaves. The smaller flowers and flower centers are stamped in mustard seed and fossilized amber from Ranger.  

Instead of just inlaying the flowers and leaves I stamped and cut, I used foam tape to make them pop.  I also added some iridescent pearls for some bling on the sentiment panel and in some flower centers.

I took the sentiment from an unbranded set in my stash and matted it in red, a color not used in stamping but which coordinates with the overall picture. The font on this sentiment marries well with the whimsical flowers styling. I opted not to pop the sentiment panel because I really wanted the die cut elements to be the standouts on this card.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Level 1 Challenge

For the Guys

Irresistible Inking Techniques